We’re Proud to help people discover and do what they love
Opportunities for every stage of your career
At Cohn Handler Sturm, we offer a tremendous opportunity for personal and professional growth. You’ll be exposed to a variety of services to help achieve your goals. With a thriving culture and great quality of life, Cohn Handler Sturm is a great place to advance your career.
We're Looking For All Kinds Of People
Cohn Handler Sturm provides their employees with better exposure and a more well-rounded accountancy experience as our staff members are typically involved in an engagement from start to finish. We are also able to offer more flexibility in terms of work-life balance, working arrangements, and work hours. Our newer staff members are also regularly given the opportunity to work directly with partners and other senior staff, providing formal and informal mentoring that is invaluable for their personal and professional growth.
Different by Purpose
We provide the ideal setting for new employees eager for growth in their professional career. Maintaining an inclusive work environment is a top priority for our firm. We welcome all people from all backgrounds who are looking to become more knowledgeable in their fields and who embrace challenging and unique situations presented by our clients. Whether you are a new employee getting acquainted with firm procedures or an established employee who can’t resolve an issue, we encourage employees to assist and support one another whenever possible.
If you are interested in working for a small (but growing!) firm, with opportunity for advancement, Cohn Handler Sturm is the place for you. We appreciate you considering Cohn Handler Sturm for your next career move.
Openings At Cohn Handler Sturm
Cohn Handler Sturm has been servicing its clients throughout Southern California for over 30 years. We work within a wide range of industries with a specialization in consumer products, health and beauty, and food and beverage. Our clients are primarily corporations, partnerships, and individual entrepreneurs. They range in size from small, closely held, family-owned businesses through substantial, nationally recognized companies.
We are seeking full-time staff accountant with 2-5 years of experience to join our Assurance team.
- Preparation and management/oversight of assurance engagements such as audits, reviews, and compilations
- New accounting standard implementation and review
- Train and supervise associate assurance staff
- Accounting research and memoranda
- Client facing – regular communication with clients
- 2+ years of experience in a regional or national firm
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred
- California-licensed CPA, or eligible
- Demonstrate knowledge of accounting principles and GAAP
- Ability to interact and communicate with clients (written, verbal, and in-person)
- Creative critical thinking, problem solving and research skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other staff
- Highly motivated and takes initiative for professional growth and development
- Ability to travel locally to client locations
- Ability to work overtime, as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Lacerte and ProSystem Engagement helpful.
|Location||Los Angeles, CA 90025|
|Pay Range||$80K-$120K DOE|